Sep 15, 2007

9.15.7 : binnall thoughts

Wow, three straight weeks of "binnall thoughts". Me thinks we are getting back on track, finally. In this week's missive, I announce both another binnall interview appearance and a new collaboration for BoA. I'll tease you with more information about the upcoming BoA : Audio, Season III. Coast to Coast AM will get some face time as I preview what, on paper, looks to be one of the strongest C2C weeks in recent memory. Rounding it all out, I unveil my Emmy Award picks for tomorrow night's ceremonies.

binnall speaks ... again

Mark your calendars, my friends, as I will be appearing on the Blue Rose Report podcast this coming Wednesday evening (9.19) from 8 to 9 PM (ET). Host Stephen Miles Lewis and I will be discussing the upcoming return of BoA : Audio, the world of esoterica, and all sorts of other hijinks.

The interview will also serve as the kick off to a new collaborative relationship between BoA and the Anomaly Radio Network, which will see classic BoA : Audio episodes joining the line-up of shows on the ARN. That's right, every Wednsday from 3 to 6 PM, BoA : Audio episodes from Season One and Two will be aired on the ARN. I'm very excited to be potentially reaching a whole new segment of the esoteric radio audience and I'm looking forward to hearing from the ARN listeners who will be discovering BoA : Audio for the first time.

I've had a lot of different online esoteric radio networks approach BoA about syndicating the audio show, but I have been leery about working with anyone until now. Positive kudos for the ARN from both Greg Bishop and Adam Gorightly helped assuage any fears I had about granting re-broadcast rights to a third party. Couple that with a lenghty discussion with ARN founder Stephen Miles Lewis, the decision to go ahead with this new flank of the BoA : Audio empire became an easy one.

Having talked with Stephen in the past few weeks, I can see that he is cut from the same cloth as many of my friends in esoterica. He's a straight up dude with an earnest interest in the esoteric. Since the BoA : Audio archive is just sitting there, already being enjoyed by people who have discovered the show, it only made sense to start farming the program out, so that we can reach more people who haven't yet heard of us yet.

So ... Wednesday, 9.19.7 @ 8 PM (ET) ... binnall is on Blue Rose Report.

And ... every Wednesday from 3 PM to 6 PM, classic BoA : Audio episodes will be airing on the Anomaly Radio Network.

As a bombastic way of launching this historic coalition, the Anomalist Radio Network will be airing a BoA : Audio marathon, featuring some of my favorite episodes from the past two seasons. Details on the marathon to be announced shortly.

BoA : Audio, Season III is Coming

The wheels are in motion as I speak. I've got a couple of interviews already scheduled to be taped this coming week, a few more are in the midst of being scheduled,and feelers are out to still more folks who will most likely be joining the guest line-up for Season III. The official logo should be unveiled soon and I expect to announced a premiere date either during my Blue Rose Report interview or in this column next week.

Sometime before the premiere, we ought to have a few teaser previews up and running @ BoA to give you a taste of what is to come when Season III kicks off.

From here on out, BoA : Audio, Season III news ought to be coming at you on a pretty steady clip.

C2C's Best Week Ever

Okay, maybe not "ever" but it may turn out to be pretty damn close. After kvetching all Summer about C2C or just outright ignoring it, I can't help but heap high praise on the line-up they unveiled for this coming week.

To kick things off, on Sunday they have George Knapp guest hosting the program with guest Joseph Farrell. For starters, I had the pleasure of meeting up with BoA legend Joe Vee this past week and he was practically gushing like a schoolgirl over George Knapp, which is the most positive he's been about C2C in months (if not years). Secondly, guest Joseph Farrell comes with a high recommendation from BoA's own Lesley, who endorsed Farrell for last year's 12 Guests C2C Needs. So you've got the combination of a high potency guest host with a critically acclaimed guest, all the makings for a stellar evening.

Monday sees what has the makings of an all-time classic interview, as the reclusive Jaques Vallee comes out of hiding to appear on C2C. The Noor (and just about every other esoteric show on the planet) has been trying to get Vallee ever since he "retired" from Ufology and stopped doing interviews. Personally, this is probably the most stoked I've been for a C2C episode featuring a pure esoteric guest in quite some time. I am slightly worried that The Noor could somehow fuck this all up, but I'm praying that he will just ask the questions and get the hell out of the way so that Vallee can disperse some wisdom. Before start preparing The Noor effigy, lets not forget the C2C appearances of Zecharia Sitchen, who came across more as a bitter old man than some kind of genius. This episode really could only go two ways : best episode of the year material or fundamentally bad disappointment. Either way, it will be a fun ride.

Tuesday, Marie D. Jones & John Savino talk about "Supervolcano". Marie Jones is, perhaps, subject for subject, the top woman in the field of esoterica today. Her co-author is also her father, which should be interesting. And the subject matter is a nice mix of high strangeness and real science. Another strong looking episode.

Wednesday is your usual wildcard Wednesday, TBA. The addition of another A-list esoteric name would probably push this week to the upper echelons of all-time C2C weeks. The week wraps up with Thursday's appearance of Philip Carlo discussing serial killers. Carlo, you may remember, "called out" all serial killers in his last appearance on C2C. He also has a penchant for drifting into foul language when he starts ranting about criminals. His antics are beyond entertaining, bordering on the sublime.

If ever there was a week to break me out of my C2C slump, this may be it.

binnall's Emmy Award Picks

These are really who I want to win, not who I think will win. It seems like it's always the asshats who win and my favorites get shafted.

The full list of nominees can be found HERE.

My picks ...

Best Drama : Heroes

Best Comedy : The Office

Best Actor (Drama) : Hugh Laurie, "House"

Best Actor (Comedy) : Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"

Best Actress (Drama) : Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order, SVU"

Best Actress (Comedy) : Tina Fey, "30 Rock"

Best Supporting Actor (Drama) : Michael Emerson, "Lost"

Best Supporting Actor (Comedy) : Rainn Wilson, "The Office"

Best Supporting Actress (Drama) : Don't care.

Best Supporting Actress (Comedy) : Jaime Pressly, "My Name is Earl"

Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series : The Daily Show

Best Reality Show (Competitive) : "Project Runway"

Best Reality Show : "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List"

Check back next week in the End Notes, when I tally my score of picks.

End Notes

Not much else to say this week, really. Congrats to Evel Dick, who made it to the final two of Big Brother 8 this past week. I've watched tons of reality shows in the last seven years and can probably count one one hand the number of times my favorite contestant made it to the final. It's a gratifying feeling.

Next week, more BoA : Audio, Season III news, my thoughts on whatever C2C episodes I manage to catch, and some other fun stuff, I'm sure.

Have an excellent week.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home