Sep 1, 2007

9.1.7 : binnall thoughts

Just a little update for y'all, since it's been pretty quiet @ BoA for the past month or so, save for the great contributions of our top notch staff. I wouldn't necessarily call this the binnall report, so we'll just roll with "binnall thoughts".

I'm still working on the After Dark piece on my trip to Oak Island, Nova Scotia. I'd say that it is in the final stages and should be finished by the end of the weekend. That's been taking up a lot of my time for the past couple of weeks, especially since the whole Canada trip kind of knocked me for a loop.

Once the article is wrapped up, I can really kick it into high gear for the upcoming BoA : Audio season. I expect that in the next two weeks, we'll start rolling out some info on the upcoming season. It is all very much still on-paper, but I'm confident that once we start production, things will develop fast.

I haven't heard much C2C at all lately, which seems to encompass most of this Summer. I missed the Richard Dolan episode from 8.26, but I'm hoping to listen to the MP3s of it soon. That sounds like one of the better shows of the Summer.

Also, I see that Brad Steiger will be on C2C on 9.4, which should be a killer episode. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about "Shadow World", as there is quite a buzz about the book right now. I enjoyed the BoA : Audio interview with Brad so much that I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the show at some point during Season III.

As I noted in the beginning of this little missive, the BoA staff has been tremendous all Summer in providing material for the site. I'll confess to being more than a bit melancholy for the last three months or so. With a few notable exceptions, the Summer of 2007 has been terrible for me. While the initial shock and sorrow of my father's passing has subsided, there is still a lingering feeling of waywardness that I've have, so far, had a very hard time shaking.

I hasten to really call it "depression" as I am not crying or sad per se, more just apathetic about a lot of things. And although we knew my father was very sick and would pass on at some point in the not too distant future, getting used to the fact that it has happened and adjusting to this new world has not been easy. I've also found that I am spending a lot more time with family now than I did earlier this year, which has been nice but also has changed the way I manage my time and thus has thrown my schedule completely out of whack.

In other matters, I will soon be looking for a "real job" (ugh). I had left my previous gig last July to help take care of my dad and now it is time for me to re-enter the workforce. My funds have begun to dwindle and being alone here all the time is not helping me work through things, so I am looking forward to being gainfully employed again. Even though I will enjoy working again, actually finding a decent gig that I enjoy and that pays well will be a hassle, in and of itself, which just adds to the annoyance and stress that has clouded over me since May.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Labor Day weekend signifies the end of Summer and, as such, I'm hoping that it will also signify the end of this long and painful season in my life. I feel terrible that my usual level of production @ BoA has suffered so much these past few months, but I will be doing my best to see that September marks the turnaround on that front. It must be noted that if it wasn't for Lesley, Khyron, Regan, and Tina, we'd have very little of merit to post at the site this Summer, so I owe them a huge thanks for carrying BoA through this difficult period.

I have expected things to return to normal for a while now, so I won't make any promises regarding that, since normalcy seems rather elusive. I'm sure that as I get my sea legs back and a second wind envelops me, BoA will continue to grow and evolve. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger LesleyinNM said...

You put so much work into BOA audio that I think you deserve to take the summer off.

Getting out of the house more with a job might actually make you feel better. I hope you can find a cool gig, one that will leave you not too tired and with plenty of time for BOA Audio. Looking forward to the upcoming season!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Nate Ellis said...

Hi thanks for sharring this

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home