Jan 7, 2007

1.7.7 : Thoughts on Television


This ad haunted me for a whole day last week while I was checking my e-mail, which inspired me to pen the following paragraph. Sadly, I have no answers re: Food Netword being the new MTV.

I like Rachel Ray. I can't help it. I'm sorry to those of you disappointed by this news. I've really only seen like two episodes of her show, but what I did see was pretty good. She's very overexcited that would be annoying, except she's rather cute in a girl next door sort of way. I must have a thing for female chefs, because I also really dig Gail Simmons, of Top Chef fame. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for daytime TV, so I will have to catch RR in those times when you end up stuck watching TV at a random place (waiting room, someone else's house, etc.)

In other TV news, I am going to Tivo the new season of 24 and give it a chance. I didn't watch seasons 1 to 5 (despite it being on ad nauseum in syndication). Hopefully I can still get into it.

Also, I will try and watch The Apprentice : LA, because I enjoy a well structured reality show. While I'm not a huge Apprentice fan, I find that if I give up on it for a season or two, then come back to it, it's pretty good.

I've been watching a lot of the show Masterminds as well. That's on Court TV and, I believe, in syndication as well.

Other shows I enjoy that I may comment on in this blog from time to time ...

Lost, Heroes, Survivor, Law and Order : SVU, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Big Brother, and a few others I can't think of right now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger LesleyinNM said...

I don't purposely watch The
Apprentice, but somehow I normally catch a lot of the episodes. I think they rerun them often and it doesn't ever seem to matter whether you watch them in order.

I am looking forward to the new seasons of 24, Lost and Real Time with Bill Maher. Now for something that most people probably don't watch - I am looking forward to the new season of Rome too. It will be the last season since it wasn't popular enough, a shame since it was a really well done show and pretty historically accurate. Not to mention the completely naked Mark Anthony (James Purefoy) made my TV watching year last time around.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home